cosmicblog

Friday, November 16, 2007

another literary winner

The book begins "When all is said and done, killing my mother came easily." Once again, Alice Sebold has my undivided attention in her new book " The Almost Moon". The story unfolds within a 24 hour period, which I would think in novel form is quite an achievement. So far, her motives appear to include her mother's dementia , but who knows.I believe it will only take me that long to read it as well.

I managed to leave a larger than usual carbon footprint by actually printing out the entire contents of this blog. It involved more paper than I had believed I could have actually used in long hand. I have to say that the printed "coherence" to it looks like a blue print for further exploration.

I am marinating in a sensory experience on many levels. I feel primed to absorb words, music, stories and contact with others. I also believe I no longer need to control those experiences with language in my head stating "You gotta do this much or that much or people will see you as less than" It happens when it happens. Which translates into periods where I may not write or absorb or learn and times when its flying at me like space garbage on a nasa flight. Its not going with the flow, its surfs up! Its knowing when to anticipate and crouch on the board and knowing when to stand up riding the crest. And the coolness is that the waves never cease... I am blessed to live on water that is alive and reminds me all the time lest I forget what I just wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home