cosmicblog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No staples in my passport

It doesn't take sigmund freakinfreud to figure out this recurring dream!!
I should know by now that its God talking to me, sending me my latest dance steps. It is usually the same dream. At some security point and I reach for my passport and as I do it all falls to pieces, sometimes floating lyrically to the ground, others papers fly fast and furious. The more I have the dream the more negative the message about the trip?? Not always a correlation there.

It also reveals my anxiety about my own fears about travel. Do I have the " staples" prepared for the trip? Am I ready? Are you ever completely ready so you have to say "what the fuck" and do it anyway? I dunno.

Is it just limited to travel or expressed through travel. Lots of my travel is rugged and not for the feint of heart. Need it always be so.?

Much time for reflection, learning, revisiting, straightening, yes even dusting...
I've learned there is much in the way of experiences I still want to absorb and bending is not so bad that I have broken. I feel more comfortable with having to have made the adjustments I had to make without weaponizing it aimed at me. That is a victory of no small amount!

"Middlesex" is the book, Annie Lennox is the music and Ken Burns' PBS Documentary "the War" is what is playing in the multiplex in my head. Pretty interesting. Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home