cosmicblog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

becareful what you wish for...

...it just might come true.!! I grew up under the guise that that statement could only be interpreted in a negative direction. " Your face will freeze like that, is that how you want to look?" And other gems. Growing up German, there aren't alot of positives to that statement. So what's a good german to do when that statement means incredibly postitive and life sustaining activities.?
A week from tomorrow I venture to Guyana with Remote Area Medical to do things I'm oddly good at (paperwork Nazi) at a local hospital then off to who knows where. Did I mind not knowing my full agenda and flying by the seat of my pants? Of course I mind but what am I gonna do? Via con Dios(even though English is the national language). I've been "training" for this my entire life. I used to watch "Wild Kingdom" in the 60's and 70's and fantasize up a storm about having those experiences. While I pray I will not have to wrestle with crocs and snakes, I will h ave to wrestle with that part of me that just wants to stay home. Since I am so driven, I will lean into it.
I am prepared to encounter people I have never encountered before and they, me. I will be able to attenuate in more comfortable ways to the peoples needs. My understanding is that my photos and interviews will also be a way for RAM to document their work more fully. Shit. This is really going to happen.
I am prepared to document my experiences in longhand if needed. Internet access may be spotty. The upcoming teleconferences will lead to more information but this is really a lesson about being on God's time, not mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home