cosmicblog

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Don't Know

...no, really, what is his name? "Don't Know" we would reply in this weird "Whose on First" routine. My late sister-in-law was returning from a track meet in Ohio when she almost hit a little kitten that was orange and white. When she opened the door to check on him, he hopped on in and she said "I don't know what I am going to do with you"and off she went. Don't Know has been with us for a long time since. We inherited him 5 1/2 years ago, after April died. Sister Izzy is with us too. Interestingly enough, it has taken her about 3 years of residing in this house to become comfortable with moving from her favorite perch on the sun porch. Or maybe she has been too comfortable all along...Anyway, her older brother, the reason April got her for company, looks as though he is leaving us behind. We have tried medications, tlc, turkey, beef,water,anything to help him to keep going but I think we are losing this one. Damn thyroid. As of now he has not moved from his perch in the kitchen. His whole world reduced to being close to food, bathroom and comfort. I hate how this hurts me but its not about me. What is right is no more suffering for him. He is a lucky cat and he knows it and always has repayed it and now it is time for us to repay him. Some good stories about that cat , for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home