cosmicblog

Monday, March 13, 2006

jury duty

The reason I write this so early is that my day is complete as far as the obligation of jury duty.
Interesting in that this time I did get as far as the jury box. I was then dismissed about 11:20 am with my receipt for my nine dollars (which I will receive in 6-8 weeks)in hand. What now, relatively no contingency plan. so I thought I would get stuff done around here.
Jury Duty isn't Law and Order but not too far off. I believe that my jury questionairre and God kept me from being involved in something that just from what I heard wouldbe difficult for the jurors and myself to hear and see. This is a capital rape case and it should go on at least 4 days. My thoughts go with Leslie, seated next to me in the jury box. She seemed a decent sort and she was chosen. I hear so much pain and need to deal with it myself that I gave it my best effort and was spared the duty. From the prosecutions initial presentation it sounds like dude is in big trouble in a number of ways. I'm going to try to follow it in the paper but I don't even remember his name now. Much better with faces and stories. Anyway, perhaps I'll spend the rest of the day with some productivity to it. peace

2 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger "Ice Cold" Pierre Boulez said…

    This was a nice post, because I am the Law and Order master.

    I really enjoyed your explanations from Adult Forum on Sunday, too :)

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger ShelleyL said…

    Hey Peace Chick!!

    Did you know that it is apparently NOT a fluke that we are both AKABAL because we were both born under the I Ching sign of the OX?! Are we too much a like?

    Peace Out....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home