cosmicblog

Monday, April 04, 2005

home for a week now

Wasn't sure what would become of this once I came home but here goes.
Landed last monday and left for erie on Tues. The fatigue sets in but more challenging is the mental battle I have every time I come home. It feels as though the 2 hemispheres of my brain argue about what is important to pay attention to and what isn't. The struggle is always with what is going on here in my gringa world. It takes longer each time I go away to actually come back.
The Pope's death right on the heels of this most magnificant Holy Week celebration has me more imersed than usual in religious politics and finding it facinating. The rituals tap into long ago memories of my childhood and education and I am finding them pleasant to reexperience, not anxiety provoking. I think I may be onto something here, or at least need to discuss this with my shrink!
Will see what happens as far as this site goes.
If anyone is willing to read then I believe Iwill be wanting to write.Up next, trip to Guatemala part II in July.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger ShelleyL said…

    I understand maybe better than you would think....some things are just life changing experiences and the everyday, ho-hum tasks seem so unimportant compared to what you have just experienced. Laundry, cooking, dishes, work, bills, mail...just do not seem so urgent. Losing the Pope has done the same for me and this same week my favorite Bishop, Bishop Edward Head from Buffalo also passed away. With this I too am fondly reminiscing my early Catholic years, which I truely find strange. I miss it... We always "go back home", dont we? Keeping up on your blog is a great idea! There can updates on the progress for the next trip! Keep on keeping on! Love,Shelley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home