cosmicblog

Thursday, March 23, 2006

drank from the well

Last evening was a long slow drink from the well. I wish I could recall all of John's messages but I will wait till they come round again. Drinking from the well to sustain me for another day. Not for six months or six minutes but the next cycle of encounters with others on this journey. In his post on Mark my work today he mentions being able to trust enough to withstand the scrutiny of the inevitable encounters with others. He also spoke about our "thirst" for ourselves and that must also be satisfied in order to be the most we can be with each other. Being able to find validation, the knowledge that someone else can empathize with your personal situation, is powerful stuff. I watch it always. If I can do no more than that at that moment, it is enough till further trust develops and further, more tiring tasks are presented to us. Is it just that simple?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger celeste said…

    "mark my work" interesting slip on my part...

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger ShelleyL said…

    What an awesome thing it will be. To be close to such a church that I will be able to draw strength from religion again! I know that the contraints that we grew up with with our religion left us a bit gun shy. However, isnt it amazing that in times of strife in our lives we turn back to the church? Hmmmmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home