cosmicblog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

cody, wyoming

has it been that long since I entered anything in my screed pile!!
I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel to Wyoming, primarily yellowstone national park and points around. and by around I mean really long drives...
First day we arrived in Jackson Hole or just Jackson Wyoming. Very turista! Thank God for Sturgis. After the weekend in South Dakota a great number of them come here.That increases the number of harleys to more than the number of wildlife in the area. Although I would argue that it is wild life of another kind. Needless to say, that was a bonus...
Old Faithful was first up followed by the Great Prism Pool which was spectacular. We must have shot photos for more than 8 hours that day.
We then made our way to Gardinier Montana to explore Northern yellowstone which includes Mammoth Springs. While walking these springs i kept singing "ooh ooh that smell, the smell of death surrounds you" by Skynyrd due to the overwhelming sulfur fumes. But its absolutely not about death. Life at microscopic levels. The only things that live in those hot temperatures are bacteria and what beautiful bacteria they are. I never knew they were so visible, alive and viewable with the naked eye. They make cool pics. but then everything does out here...
Whitewater rafting is the bomb and we rode class 3 down the Yellowstone river. Too bad the guides look like they were babies. Oh, wait they are!
On to Cody via the Chief Joseph Hwy. Today was on to drive the Beartooth Highway, the highest elevated road in the US between 10,000-11,000 feet.
Talk about switchbacks...I had fantasies of Indy racing when driving minus the speed. We made it to the top which is still snow covered in places. Very bizzare to be standing in snow, sun beating down and being warm.
Speaking of speed, Montana is set on 80 mph. its a dream come true and I am taking every advantage of it even if I am driving a chevy cobalt!
I officially do not know what day or date it is but it is off to the rodeo tonite. Now there is something i never thought I would write, let alone do...
to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home