cosmicblog

Monday, June 16, 2008

train

my new equine friend is a handsome,19 year old quarterhorse chestnut brown. He's a good fit size wise. While I don't know the particulars his sense feels generally gentle with some spirit to be called on.
Dude is happily retired, grazing with the senior horses. No more annoying humans to haul around. You earned it, enjoy it.
The smells, the sounds, the dogs. There is a new one, Buddy, a mixed lab/chow. Forge and Doc remain strong! As does my mentor. How she does it I have no idea. It must be in the DNA. The amount of love and work she devotes to her farm and her horses is tremendous. The people she touches and teaches with just her presence... To be back at the farm...
Her daily work plus that of a team of people is never ending. It is her very life. Its humbling and daunting to imagine that lifestyle. Life is a series of doors & I'm so very glad I have opened this barn door again.

Wyoming here I come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home