cosmicblog

Monday, June 23, 2008

world without Carlin...?

In all my earthly years there has always been George Carlin to mark the time with his wit, anger, rebellion and willingness to go out there ? to bring it back to us here.

A few weeks ago I watched his latest HBO special "And its bad for ya" marveling how nothing and everything changes in a person's life. I didn't know alot of the particulars about his life but it wasn't necessary, it came out in his comedy. Hard to believe he goes back to the 50's when it comes to his "debut". Thanks to the older brothers and sisters of friends I met the hippy dippy weatherman, class clown, occupation foole and fm/am personas.
I admit there was a time in the 90's that I was at a different point in my life and our anger didn't mesh or he sounded cranky, not funny. But these last few years, as I age and shake my head about the same things, I will miss George's point of view. I, too, have a good look toward the "fuck-its" in my future and pray to follow the legacey he left behind. I have good reason to grab the vinyls and have a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home