cosmicblog

Friday, December 21, 2007

don't taze me bro'

Ah, the big easy. New Orleans. city built under water. city sung about levee's breakin'. city suffering beyond any we have known in this country. Its been long enough now that the folks are getting restless but not voiceless. it creates a sudden paradigm shift when your world becomes closely linked to a world comprised of a history of mistrust and questioning. Suddenly they are people you love. As we watched video, my husband cited all that the law enforcement had done, in the strategic order that has me wondering for the first time that when the right to peacefully assemble teeters then someone has to try to restore the totter. Chemcials first, tazers next. They did what they had to do. Now i need to do the same. Rethink the people in the uniforms now that karmic forces are creating a corrections officer in my husband. HMMMM.....

Dont taze me bro is probably my favorite urban expression for 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home