cosmicblog

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Benazir

My memories of you extend back to your brave mourning for your father, a victim himself of the country he loved. The 70's, to a young teenager, were chaos, dysfunction and questioning. Lots of violence. You came home to Pakistan after self imposed exile, knowing it would end this way. Either way Benazir you are now a martyr for the cause. Will Islam elevate you to that level because you are a woman? As a professed christian, that is how I see you. How can anyone see this as less than. Dying for a cause that is wrapped in your DNA is why we are created?? Dying in service of others?? A recurrent theme in my otherwise" semicharmed kinda life, baby".

What the hell do anyone of us know about regression in service of the ego let alone death in service of the masses?? I've never joined "the service", I went on to college, for god's sake. The ultimate in "what me get a job?" lifestyle. I've marched in rallies but with not one scintilla of violence or threat to them. Hundreds of people have died in your presence since your return to Pakistan in Oct. How many would turn out for Hillary or Obama or John if they feared for their lives. Hell, most people don't vote as it is. Listen up and I include myself in this: Don't let this event be just another blip on the radar screen. If she had power in life, it will only be elevated after today. 2008 and we'll just have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home