cosmicblog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

favorite things...

the photos truly tell the story for me in ways that fall short with words. The opportunity to journey to 2 active volcanoes made for wonderful nature contact. But it didn't stop there. we had the evening tour of the islands of lake nicaragua, the evening bat cave venture. As always, we visit at least one cemetary and this one was in Granada. Different focus of course with these graves. We journeyed hard to get to Copan Ruinas and back but the Ruins and the details were more than could have been anticipated, especially the detail of the pieces themselves. The woman's cooperative was an unexpected find with new ways to help these small villages make a go of it. The bird sanctuary with its species of birds right round us all. Again, the pictures do the talking here too.
There are memories of people who helped like Leo, Francisco, Sherman, Anna,Andy and Tucker, Giovanni, Trullio and his wife, Fatima. Hopefully, our presence there made a difference in some small way for them as well. I guess I will just have to show the photos to anyone who is interested.
As I think of memories of watching rancid cinema in an attempt to pass the time on a long bus ride, I smile now and maybe I'll be more open to what I watch (Driven, Sly Stallone overdubbed)but that will probabaly subside soon. Thanks to mi prima whom without I could never have the opportunity to go to these places and experience life from a different perspective and pass that along to someone else for what that's worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home