cosmicblog

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Righteous Women of Copan...

A young woman from Austin TX called tresa and I that as she snapped our photo at the Ruins of Copan. I can dig it!!
We also ran into a dog named Tucker and that sparked a whole change in plans. Seems the human companion of Tucker was taken with my knowledge of golden retrievers and I gave him a mini lesson on 5 month old puppies. Now he thinks I´m some dog whisper. Anyway, the really cool part of this story is that he and his wife are originally from Toronto,eh and they work at a women´s collective up in the mountains. Tomorrow we are going there to help and watch as they teach english and encourage self sufficiency. Just because they sell their items in the market doesn´t mean they actually see any of the proceeds. This opportunity is just the luck of the draw or should I say luck of the "dog". It goes to show that encounters happen like that all the time but it takes being out of your element to just go with it.
Tonite its free salsa dancing lessons at the Via Via! Ole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home