cosmicblog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bus Butt

An understood code for too many freakin hours on buses!! 18 to be exact from Grandada Nica to the Ruinas Copan in northern Hondurus. We are about 100 miles from the Guatemalan border. The Ruinas Copan are considered to be the "Paris" of the Mayan world. The detail in the stone work is unparellelled. Today is tranquilo with more adventures tomorrow including the ruins and some horseback riding.
We will probably chill here for a few more days as we strategize a return to Nica that does not include the way we came here. I guess El Salvador is just one pissed off country (evidenced by all the border disputes on the map) so traveling through that way is even too risky for travelers like us.
Gloriously I have lost track of the date and day and news and that to me is nirvana.
Well, I believe I will continue my siesta back in my sweet little cabana...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home