cosmicblog

Saturday, January 20, 2007

just when you ask why...

there's an answer. At least this morning there was. Not always that fast either.
I was beginning to wonder why I write all this stuff down. Always have. Have my box marked " to be burned immediately upon my death" already overflowing. No nasties left behind or do I really want something left behind.
I read Anna Quindlen and there was my answer. In a column entitle " Seize control by writing for personal liberation" lie my very thoughts on the whole matter. She goes on to say that the movie "Freedom Writers" inspired her thoughts. Writing things down gives meaning and reality to what we think, feel and wish to convey. Anna goes on to write that the personal hand written notes are fading but we are "forced" to write again via email etc.
The best quote belongs to writer Don DeLillo who writes " writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals."
She goes on to remind us that Anne Frank never lived to see her book published but had a profound effect on generations to follow and this writer in particular.
So a lovely answer to a question that was posed but briefly. I guess I'll keep on typing for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home