cosmicblog

Sunday, May 06, 2007

"Hordes of Nude Mexicans"

Spencer Tunick has managed to do it again!. He rallied 18,000 of our amigos in Mexico City to pose nude for his photo shoot. The MSN homepage article is interesting. Hold the arrow over the photo provided and my computer popped up with the title of the blog. Read on as our mostly roman catholic controlled neighbors experience the "decline" of what they feel is their culture. They also recently legalized abortion. Yikes what is Pope Benedict to do. ! Perhaps there may be a second "liberation theology" movement to remove themselves somewhat from the papacy that refuses to acknowledge that the next shoes of the fisherman belong to a Latino Archbishop. I found it interesting that the gov't said no to the shoot at Teotihucan but "ok" to the zocolo. Each very fascinating Aztecan sites.
My plans are firming up for Nicaragua and Costa Rica next month. As far as firm is with my cousin and I. My research shows that both places are near in location and far in culture. Border crossings will be involved!! Will they be by train, bus, car, horse, foot or even wheelbarrow!!? Let's wait and see. Good news for me is that they are basically on board with internet cafes so staying connected or not remains an option. I am praying there may be a point that I am so far removed from "civilization" that it would not be possible for even electricity to interrupt.! June 5th to the 26th looks to be the dates. Mentally, begin to shift in my head toward our southern neighbors just when spring hits. In harmony with the season. Hot Damn!

I had a shocker yesterday. "Dune", the Frank Herbert sci-fi classic is 40 years old, not the 30 years I felt it could only have been. 1st published in 1967, I read it in 1975 as an 8th grader. This masterpiece, along with "Stranger in a Strange Land" Robert Heinlein's classic hooked me on the genre. I have time traveled with these books for much longer than even I am aware!
stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home