cosmicblog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

82 posts and 2 years later...

" The turth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer responses." --M. Scott Peck



This was given to me earlier in the week and traditional paper copies keep getting left behind, so off I blog. I am not sure I have much to add to the late Scott Peck's fine prose. Lent is over and the final 3 days lay ahead. My emotions mimic the inevitable relief I feel at the onset of spring, the cycle begins anew again. The cycles are never the same as the year before. The title reflects the origins of this missive. It was "Semana Santa", Holy Week Guatemala style. At this time 2 years ago my cousin and I steeped ourselves in this 3 act play. It blew apart any "traditional" sense of the celebration and encouraged me to experience more off the beaten track. Those entries are waaaay back in the beginning . I experience the ritual on the outside to comfort me based on childhood experiences but on the inside its semana santa style!! This duality is kinda fun but needs a close "parent" to supervise sometimes but mostly I just wanna play at what ever I do now. Its the closest thing to defining love I can come up with. Love of self , love of God's creation and teaching others what I have learned on my quirky journey, how to repair damage and love again, or for the first time.
I believe that is this year's lesson for me and this reflective season.
Peaceful Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home