cosmicblog

Monday, February 05, 2007

the measure of a man

I didn't take the opportunity the 1st time to read Sidney Poitier's book with the above title. Now Oprah has given people like me a 2nd chance to get on board. And on board I am. Its a "spiritual autobiography" that had me riveted from page one. I'm won't try to paraphrase, he's too magnificent a man to do justice to. Just read it for yourselves. I'm "refilling my cookie jar" down here with lots of creative and relaxation time. I did venture on to the University of Florida campus which always jazzes me up. Noticed this time however, I feel more like a grandmother with these kids than a cohort. YIKES, knew the time would come but...nonetheless, universities and colleges will always be "playgrounds" for me. I've been playing piano while I am here and I have discovered that little kittens and piano stings make strange music. Heathcliff, my aunt's latest rescue has discovered the world of things that move or vibrate, like piano strings and hammers. Beethoven with a new twist! I seem to lose the cursor on this computer so am unable to paragraph this but hey...After Sidney's book is finished I have "Conversations with Tom Petty" awaiting me. He is a Gainesville boy after all!! Till later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home