cosmicblog

Monday, November 07, 2011

jury duty 2011

Since this blahog has been around a while, i am pretty sure that this topic has come up before. Since 1999 or there abouts, I have been consistently called for jury duty. That's every 3 years. It hasn't changed much. The constant blair of CNN on the TV is lessened but the process is still its own subculture.
Today's defendent appeared latino and was involved in drugs. His seated jury was made up of all white, elderly individuals. Jury of his peers? These folks are gonna get the vapors at the mere mention of 6th and Parade! Also appeared another gent was disqualified for having some dealings with the defendant in the past. Me, I was confidentially connected to 2 of the police officers and so here I am. Usually, I am intrigued once I am inside of a courtroom and learn something new every time. Legal education every 3 years!!
Also reconnected with someone I haven't seen in many years. We used to teach life skills classes together. Glass half full, always.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    It was nice talking with you today...serendipitious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home