cosmicblog

Monday, February 26, 2007

Hot Damn

I first had the chance to see the Departed in Atlanta last fall while on some educational pursuit.
I remember walking out of the theatre that looks like any multiplex usa and realizing I wasn't sure where I was. Early senility, chronic blondeness? One of the most engrossing movies I had seen in a long time. I remember saying"there is the best picture of the year" but also knowing that they are reluctant to honor Scorcese yet he most asuredly deserves it.
Well, as time went on it looked like this was his time to shine. Glad for you. When is the next one coming out?. See "Scorcese on Scorcese" for a fun look at his career.
I remember being about 12-13 years old and I began to read my grandfather Dietrich's copy of "the Godfather". I thought I would have gotten into more trouble but I recall him saying something to the effect of "if you can understand it, you can read it". I've been hooked ever since.
Wonder what the "The Black Donnely's" will have to show on NBC show starting tomorrow night. Thanks to DVR, I don't have alot of effort, just a little time, invested. Lets see what TV can do with this great slice of life .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home