cosmicblog

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

living well is the best revenge

Who said that? Can't remember but it sure does fit.
I am sorry I wasn't able to see the Grammy awards to see the Police reunion and to see the Dixie Chicks' wins. I am sure they are pleased that they took the "hard road" They spoke their truths despite the spirit crushers and life threateners. Interesting that country music is all about the "rebel" image but God help you if you really are one. Then you get dissed by the very organization that claims to have music about "the rebel" lifestyle. I guess its ok as long as you don't walk your talk!! I understand more clearly now why I really don't like most country music. It's not real. It's all talk and no action. Who wants to be around that!! At least with rock n' roll you have some people who walk the talk sometimes to their own expense.
Anyway, enough about my soap box. I will leave that to Allen Shore's character on "Boston Legal".
Glad to hear that the awards have led to a tentative Police reunion although I am sure creative tempers are also revving with them. I hope they do come through with Bonaroo down in Tennesee. That would be alot of fun. Am I too old for concerts and camping? Don't know...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger ShelleyL said…

    Oh Sweetie! I hope you are not too old for concerts and such!! Im planning on going to my firsts of those this year and if all things go well may be in Sturgis this year for the first time....thats just part of the things we are planning this year. So much more to tell you but maybe another place another time. Peace out, Chick!

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger lb said…

    Well said. I am...I said. Maybe the the Dixie Chicks need shirts that say I am what I am I said.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home