cosmicblog

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

bright sadness

I had the opportunity to attend our 12:10 ash wednesday service today and was introduced to "bright sadness". An interesting concept I'm not sure I can do justice trying to explain. Dean Downey reports that this concept contains both dualities of many qualities that inhabit us and allows us an opportunity to become introspective about the spirit and the self. It allows the opportunity to step inside and see how this creation measures up as compared to God's plan. Maybe more people will step inside the world as it is much of my life, not just during this 40 day period of introspection, with intent to change and aid other people and in the process becoming better. This time of year raises the bar for me and introduces spring as well.
Reading the bishop's book and her words will be another test of "the right time" I want to move so fast sometimes... People can follow along with that discussion on the cathedral's website at www.cathedralofstpaul.org and follow the links for the book club.

This time of year also recalls the birth of this blog when Tresa and I journied to Guatemala for Holy Week 2 years ago!! Pretty much the same old stuff I said back then clearer, fuzzier.

As Van Morrison summed it up: "I think I'll go underground to get some heavy rest!" But I'll still be reading and writing and soaking it all up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home