cosmicblog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

a govt of the sheeple,by the sheeple, for the sheeple

Have I finally found a way to make sense of how I am believing our citizenry is behaving. Oh, the contradictions without the questions. How is it that everyone in the media is acting as if Bush is really the president when we all know its Cheney. the press is clinging to John Karr on no evidence whatsoever. Wolf Blitzer and Cnn are burned by some Howard Stern fan impersonating someone who "knew" Karr. Reputation for journalism as a profession and skill are mightily lacking these days. Although our unwillingness to demand more from our government and less from our neighbors (eavesdropped on any good household gossip lately)is entirely perplexing. Perhaps my expectations of my generation, the one that contributed to the end of a war and a presidency, are too high. Perhaps, we are too tired now to care...Whatever becomes of this I just want it noted that I became aware of the word "sheeple" to describe people who accept as fact without question or concern or accuracy of any statement that a selfserving individual or individual(s) (govt's) would generate. Where money is everything then the stakes could be devestatingly high and morals appallingly low or nonexistent. I need to stop surfing the net news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home